Do you frequently experience bloating, gas, constipation, heartburn, or diarrhea? These may be signs of an unhealthy digestive system. The digestive system is responsible for breaking down the food we intake into nutrients absorbed by the body. A problem in this system may cause digestive upset. As a provider of home care services in Hampton, Virginia, we lookout for digestive problems in our clients.
Here is some food you can eat to help improve your digestive health:
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber and nutrients that stimulate digestion.
- Whole-grain foods such as brown rice and quinoa. Other than the fiber content, the body breaks down whole grain slowly which is good for controlling blood sugar levels.
- Yogurt contains probiotics which are live bacteria and yeast that benefit the digestive system.
Most foods are fine when consumed in moderation but some of them can put you at risk of digestive problems. These foods include:
- Artificial sweeteners, carbonated beverages, and sugar-sweetened drinks
- Refined carbohydrates such as white bread
- Coffee and other caffeinated drinks
- Spicy foods such as some types of curry
- Greasy foods such as pizzas
Are you in need of elderly care to help you with your diet and digestive problems? We, at Royalty and Blessings Home Care, LLC will help improve your quality of life.
We offer various home care services including personal care, in-home companionship, and respite care in Virginia.